How to stop Diarrhea naturally without strong medication and invasive antibiotics? try the natural remedies listed here. There are several very effective remedies that can cure or slow down the Diarrhea with ingredients right from your kitchen.
Consult your healthcare provider if any of the following conditions occur: the diarrhea lasts for more than two days, there is blood in the stool. the stool looks like black tar, you have a fever above 101°F, you have severe abdominal or rectal pain, you suffer from dehydration as evidenced by dry mouth or wrinkled skin, or urination is reduced or stops in any eight hour period. If an infant has a dry diaper for more than four hours accompanied by a fever, it is wise to seek the advice of your physician.
Diarrhea Natural Remedies
Should you find yourself with diarrhea, you can make an electrolyte-rich beverage to replace lost nutrients by mixing 8 ounces (2 35 ml) of clean water with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and teaspoon salt . Another formula to replace lost nutrients is made by combining 1 quart (950 ml) of boiled water with 1/2 cup (120 ml) lemon juice, 2 tablespoons (13 g) honey, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
Stop Diarrhea with fresh or dry coriander
The leaves of coriander are stimulant and tonic. They strengthen the stomach and promote its action, relieve flatulence, increase secretion and discharge of urine and reduce fever.
One or two teaspoons of coriander juice, added to fresh buttermilk, is highly beneficial in treating digestive disorders such as indigestion, nausea, dysentery, hepatitis and ulcerative colitis. It is also helpful in typhoid fever.
Coriander is a native of the Mediterranean region, where it has been grown since ancient times. It is extensively cultivated in Europe, North Africa, India, South America, Malaysia, Thailand and China. It thrives in black soil and arid regions.
Coriander is rich in various food elements. An analysis of coriander leaves shows them to contain moisture 86.3 per cent, protein 3.3 per cent, fat 0.6 per cent, minerals 2.3 per cent, fibre 1.2 per cent and carbohydrates 6.3 per cent per 100 grams. The mineral and vitamin contents include calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and vitamin C. They also contain sodium, potassium and oxalic acid.
Diarrhea Relief with Allspice
Put a pinch of allspice in 1 cup of warm water. Add honey and drink after every bowel movement.
Diarrhea cure with Blended Apple
Peel, core, and puree an apple in the blender. Grate if you do not have a blender. Give 1 apple every 2 hours, while withholding all other food during treatment.
Diarrhea treatment with Apple and Milk smoothie
Simmer 1 pared apple in 1 cup of milk until very soft. Put apple milk mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. Drink cup after every bowel movement until relief is obtained.
Diarrhea Relief with Turmeric
Turmeric has proven to be effective home remedy for diarrhea. It is a very useful intestinal antiseptic.It is also a gastric stimulant and a tonic. Turmeric rhizome, its juice or dry powder are all very helpful in curing chronic diarrhea. In the form of dry powder, it may be taken in buttermilk or plain water.
Cure Diarrhea, Caused by indigestion, with Ginger
In case of diarrhea caused by indigestion, dry or fresh ginger is very useful. A piece of dry ginger is powdered along with a crystal or rock salt. A quarter teaspoonful of this powder should be taken with a small piece of jugglery. It will bring quick relief as ginger, being carminative, aids digestion by stimulating the gastrointestinal tract.
Treat Diarrhea with Coconut Water
Starchy liquids such as arrowroot water , barley water, rice gruel and coconut water are highly beneficial in the treatment of diarrhea. They not only replace the fluid lost but also bind the stools.
Other home remedies include bananas and garlic. Bananas contain pectin and encourage the growth of beneficial bacteria. Garlic is a powerful, effective and harmless antibiotic. It aids digestion and routs parasites.
A concoction of one teaspoon each of mint juice, honey and lemon juice can be prepared freshly. This fusion can be taken three times each day and can be continued till the symptoms last
What to eat when you are suffering from Diarrhea
Stay away from dairy products and try lemon, honey water. For chronic diarrhea coconut milk taken in small quantities is beneficial. Peppermint tea and Ginger tea is extremely easy on the stomach and will aid in digestion. If this seems a bit too strong for you at this stage then try any tea that will make you feel comfortable and sweeten it if you want. Honey is a very healthy sweetener for tea but again, if you can’t tolerate it then use sugar.
Nutmeg for diarrhea
Nutmeg can be taken as a digestive aid for nausea, vomiting, indigestion and diarrhea. Start with I to 2 capsules and work up to the minimum dose that provides relief. Always take nutmeg later in the day to prevent drowsiness.
Stop diarrhea naturally with Umeboshi concentrate
Ume concentrate made from the umeboshi plum can also stop diarrhea, prevent parasites, treat food poisoning and digestive upsets, relieve a hangover, as well as prevent typhoid. It truly is one of those “Don’t leave home without it” remedies. It can be purchased in pills or as a paste. Charcoal capsules are another excellent for stopping even a severe case of the runs. Take two capsules three to four times daily.
Herbal remedies of diarrhea
If you suffer from occasional bouts of diarrhea, use blackberry root bark, chamomile, pau d’arco, and /or raspberry leaves. Herbs can be taken in tea form or added to applesauce, bananas, pineapple, or papaya juice.
Caution: Do not use chamomile on an ongoing basis, and avoid it completely if you are allergic to ragweed.
- Cayenne (capsicum) capsules, taken two to three times daily, may be beneficial.
- Fenugreek, taken as a tea, lubricates the intestines and reduces fever.
- Ginger tea is good for cramps and abdominal pain
- Grapefruit seed extract has anti parasitic properties.
- Marshmallow root tea (also known as malva tea) helps calm the stomach and soothe intestinal problems.
- Slippery elm bark, taken in tea or extract form. is soothing to the digestive tract.
- Wild Oregano oil contains antibacterial, anti fungal, anti parasitic and antiviral agents.
Homeopathic treatment for Diarrhea
Homeopathic Arsenicum can help diarrhea that is the result of eating tainted food. Its always important to consult a certified homeopath consultant about the dosage and duration of the treatment before using any homeopathic remedy.
- Arsenicum album is a homeopathic remedy for burning diarrhea that is troublesome at night.
- Podophyllum can be used for watery stools.
- Sulfur is excellent for diarrhea that comes on suddenly. Pectin is known to counteract diarrhea.
- Drink plenty of liquids. such as hot carob drink, “green drinks,” and plenty or quality water. Carob water is high in proteins and helps halt diarrhea.
- Do not drink very hot or cold liquids. The prolonged loss of fluids as a result of diarrhea can lead to dehydration and loss of necessary minerals, such as sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Liquid gelatin, clear broth, and weak tea with honey can be substituted for water if necessary. Carrot juice is also good, and makes the stools less watery. Do not drink apple juice, as this can make diarrhea worse.
- Avoid high-fiber foods, which may stress the digestive system. Instead, stick to food that are easy to digest, such as cooked potatoes, rice, bananas, applesauce.
- Drink 3 cups of rice water daily. To make rice water. boil cup of brown rice in 3 cups of water for forty-five minutes. Strain out the rice and drink the water. Eat the rice as well. Rice helps to form stools and supplies needed B vitamins.
- Do not consume any dairy products (except for low-fat soured products). They are highly allergenic. Moreover, diarrhea causes a temporary loss of the enzyme needed to digest lactose (milk sugar). Limit your intake of fats and foods containing gluten, including barley, oats, rye, and wheat. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and spicy foods.
- Let a mild case of diarrhea run its course. It is the body’s way of cleaning out toxins. bacteria, and other foreign invaders. Do not take any medication to stop diarrhea for at least two days. Stick to a liquid diet for twenty-four hours to give the bowel a rest.