According to wikipedia, typhoid fever, also known simply as typhoid, is a common worldwide bacterial disease transmitted by the ingestion of food or water contaminated with the feces of an infected person, which contain the bacterium Salmonella enterica enterica, s typhi (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoid_fever). The bacteria that cause typhoid fever, spread through contaminated food, drink, or water. If you eat or drink something that is contaminated, the bacteria enter your body. They travel into your intestines, and then into your bloodstream, where they can get to your lymph nodes, gallbladder, liver, spleen, and other parts of your body. A few people can become carriers of S. typhi and continue to release the bacteria in their stools for years, spreading the disease. Typhoid fever is common in developing countries, but fewer than 400 cases are reported in the U.S. each year. Most cases in the U.S. are brought in from other countries where typhoid fever is common. There are five key elements to treating typhoid fever quickly with natural remedies. These are apple cider vinegar, raw garlic, lemons and limes, apples and honey.
Additionally, eliminate all sugar, coffee, dairy, meat, processed and overly starchy food for a few days.
Treating typhoid fever quickly with natural remedies
Caution! In case of high fever and other severe symptoms of typhoid infection, consult a medical practitioner immediately.
Apple cider vinegar
On the first day of typhoid or stomach bug symptoms, mix ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a shot of water. If this is too unpalatable for you, then add a dash of honey to taste (natural low heat treated honey is best). Have this water and apple cider vinegar shot every 15 minutes for 1 hour or 2 hours if the symptoms are severe. You will need toilet a close by as the vinegar will make you urinate a lot. Continue this apple cider and vinegar shot before all meals for 5 days. It shouldn’t be necessary to do every 15 minutes again as the solution is potent and seems to really speed up killing bugs.
Peel raw garlic and suck. Eat something beforehand even a raw carrot or apple. If you don’t lacerate the garlic clove it won’t sting your mouth. Just suck it like a lolly for 20 minutes or so. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and it will suck up mucous and kill bacteria. If you dare, swallow the garlic whole at the end of the 20 minutes. If the clove is large, cut it into small pieces. Yes you will smell a little and it will feel funny in your stomach but it works. Continue with several pieces of raw garlic a day for a few days.
Squeeze an entire lemon or lime and drink the juice with hot or cold water and honey to taste. Lemons and limes are natural disinfectants and will alkalize your gut. Add slices of lemon to your water for one week after typhoid diagnosis.
Raw honey is also great and you can either flavor the lemon and vinegar medicines as well as add to flavor porridge and teas. If you are used to sweet foods, honey is a great way to get you through a few days without processed sugar. As it’s best to cut out dairy, add honey to herbal teas if you are not used to them.
Apples and carrots
Snack on apples and carrots for good digestion bug cleaning but you may want to dip them in a bowl of water treated with a dash of apple cider vinegar first so ensure all bacteria is gone.
Basil leaves and black pepper
Grind 4 basil leaves, 7 black pepper tablets and 7 strands of saffron into a paste. Prepare small tablets from the paste, and take these 2-3 times during the day.
Typhoid fever lemon grass remedy
lemon grass, limes, unripe paw-paw, unripe pineapples, alabukun powder, black tea bags, water.
- Cut these items (lemon grass, 25 limes, 2 unripe paw-paw, 2 unripe pineapples) to pieces and mix together also add 6 bags of black tea to the mixture.
- Boil the mixture for 30 to 40 minutes with 3 litres of water.
- Add alabukun powder 5 mins to the end of the cooking.
Take 1 glass, 2 times daily for one week. Drink when hot.
Cut out meat and sugar
Cut out meats and sugar and eat simple foods like porridge, legumes with rice, grilled fish and boiled or raw vegetables. For filling snacks, dairy free banana smoothies are fine.
Theses cures can produce the best results during typhoid infection and fever. You can also try milk thistle and other liver detox remedies to speed up detoxification of the liver.
Reduce fever with apple cider vinegar
Another remedy with dozens of uses, apple-cider vinegar can help break a fever. You add it to water and bathe the arms and legs. Since it’s acidic, it speeds heat loss as it evaporates off the skin. It’s what most mothers and grandmother used in the past times to reduce fever.
Combine 1 cup of apple-cider vinegar with 2 cups of water in a bowl. Dip a washcloth into the mixture, wring it out, and apply to exposed arms, legs, and torso.
Foods to fight typhoid infection
- Drinking buttermilk is a good cure for typhoid fever. Add some fresh coriander juice to it for better results.
- Mash a banana and add some honey to it. The honey-flavored banana tastes good, helps to restore energy lost due to the illness, and aids fast recovery.
- Banana is a wonder food for recovering from the fever. Add mashed banana to a glass of butter milk and consume this daily.
- You can also consume orange juice, as it keeps the body hydrated and cool.
- Pomegranate juice also helps to re hydrate and energize a typhoid fever patient.
- Apart from oranges and pomegranate, apples and sweet limes are also good for typhoid patients.
- Include vegetable soups in your diet. However, they should be bland; do not add any spices or condiments that might irritate the intestines. Make sure you boil the soup properly and strain it before consumption.
- A glass of warm water with a spoonful of honey added to it is a great remedy that helps to soothe the digestive system. Drink it as frequently as you can, as it also restores energy.
- Boil around 5 cloves in 2 liters of water till only 1 liter of water is left. Remove it from the stove, and let the flavor steep in for some time, and then filter. Sip this concoction throughout the day.
- Orange & Sweet Lime Juice – Add half glass Lime Juice in 1 glass of Orange Juice and drink it daily 3-4 times. It improves your immune system and lower the symptoms of Diarrhea, Vomiting, Constipation and Nausea.
- Cloves & Honey – Boil 3-4 Cloves in 1 liter water, when water evaporates down into half quantity. Leave it aside until cold. Use this water with 1 teaspoon Honey 4-5 times in a day. This water is very helpful for the weak in patients.
- Banana, Yogurt & Honey – Mix 2 Mashed Bananas in ½ cup Yogurt and 1 teaspoon Honey. Use it daily 3-4 times daily. Very much effective to improve the route of your digestive system.
- Coconut Water & Mint Leaves – Blend 3-4 Mint Leaves in ½ cup Coconut Water. Use 2-3 tablespoons 2-3 times daily. Very much effective remedy in Typhoid fever.
- Dry Plum & Raisins – Take 2-3 pieces of Dry Plum and 8-10 Raisins. Soak in 2 glasses of water overnight and next morning blend it. Drink it with an empty stomach. Very much effective remedy in high fever.
- Carrot Soup with Black Pepper – Boil 6-8 square pieces of Carrot in a glass of water for 8-10 minutes and filter it, mix 2-3 pinches of Black Pepper in it. Drink this soup to stop diarrhea.
- Pineapple Juice with Lemon grass – Boil Lemon Grass in Half cup water for 3-4 minutes and leave it to cold. Then add 1 cup Pineapple juice in it and drink it. Use it daily
- Boil 1 teaspoon Echinacea roots or dried flower powder in one glass of water for 8-10 minutes. Filter it and sip it like tea 2-3 times daily. Echinacea enhances your immune system to fight with bacterial infections. It also strengthens the body tissues. Use it only for 2 weeks.
- Apple Juice with Ginger Juice – Add 1 tablespoon Ginger Juice in 1 glass of Apple Juice. Very useful in typhoid fever.
- Try to intake more Iron rich foods in your daily diet. Fruits and vegetables with iron are best to use in place of using pills or supplements.
We strongly recommend you to also consult a doctor if you get a stomach bug or typhoid; however, get on the apple cider vinegar at once. You’ll be amazed.