Liver Cleansing: How to detox the liver
Since gallstones in the liver contribute to the occurrence of several liver diseases, taking some simple steps to remove them can restore your health and vitality. The liver cleanse requires six days of preparation, followed by 16-20 hours of actual cleansing.
Liver Cleanse Ingredients:
To remove gallstones you need the following items:
Apple juice Six 1-liter (32oz) containers
Epsom salts* 4 tablespoons dissolved in three 8-oz glasses of water
Virgin olive oil, cold-pressed One-half glass (4oz)
Either fresh grapefruit (pink is best), or fresh lemons and oranges combined**, enough to squeeze 2/3 glass of juice 2 pint jars, one with a lid
Note: * Look for oral Epsom salts. Check out any natural food, or whole food stores. Some packaging labels describe it as a natural laxative.
** If you cannot tolerate grapefruit juice or if it tends to make you nauseous you may use equal amounts of freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice instead. The effect is the same with either choice.
• Drink 1 liter (32 oz) of packaged apple juice per day for a period of six days. (You may drink more than that if it feels comfortable). The malic acid in the apple juice softens the gallstones and makes their passage through the bile ducts easy. The apple juice has a strong cleansing effect. Some sensitive people may experience bloating and, occasionally, diarrhea during the first few days. The fermenting effect of the juice helps widen the bile ducts. If this becomes somewhat uncomfortable, you can mix the apple juice with water. Drink the apple juice slowly throughout the day, between meals (avoid drinking the juice during, just before and two hours after meals, and in the evening). This is in addition to your normal water intake. It may be useful to rinse your mouth out with baking soda and/or brush your teeth several times per day to prevent the acid from damaging your teeth.
• Dietary recommendations: During the entire week of preparation and cleansing, avoid taking foods or beverages that are cold or chilled; they chill the liver and, thereby, reduce the effectiveness of the cleanse. All foods or beverages should be warm or at least room temperature. To help the liver prepare for the main flush, try to avoid foods from animal source, dairy products and fried food items.
• The best times for cleansing: The main and final part of the liver cleanse is best done over a weekend, when you are not under any pressure and have enough time to rest. Although the cleanse is effective at any time of the month, it should preferably coincide with a day between full moon and new moon. The 6-day preparatory period can start 5-6 days before the full moon.
• If you take any medication: While on the liver cleanse, avoid taking any medication, vitamins or supplements that are not absolutely necessary. It is important not to give the liver any extra work that could interfere with its cleansing efforts.
• Make sure that you cleanse your colon before and after you do a liver cleanse. Colon cleansing, either done a few days before or, ideally, on the sixth day of preparation, helps to avoid or minimize any discomfort or nausea that may arise during the actual liver flush. It prevents back-flushing of the oil mixture or waste products from the intestinal tract. It also assists the body in swiftly eliminating the gallstones.
• What you need to do on the sixth day of drinking apple juice: If you feel hungry in the morning, eat a light breakfast, such as a hot cereal; oatmeal is the most ideal choice. Avoid sugar or other sweeteners, spices, milk, butter, oils, yogurt, cheese, ham, eggs, nuts, pastries, cold cereals; etc. Fruits or fruit juices are fine. For lunch eat plain cooked or steamed vegetables with white rice (preferably Basmati rice) and flavor it with a little unrefined sea or rock salt. To repeat, do not eat any protein foods, butter or oil, or you might feel ill during the actual cleanse. Do not eat or drink anything (except water) after 2 PM , otherwise you may not flush out any stones! Follow the exact timing given be low to receive the maximum benefit from the liver flush.
The Actual Cleanse
6:00 PM: Add four tablespoons of Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) to three 8 oz. glasses of filtered water in a jar. This makes four servings, ¾ glass each. Drink your first portion now. You may take a few sips of water afterwards to get rid of the bitter taste in the mouth or add a little lemon juice to improve the taste. Some people drink it with a large plastic straw to bypass the taste buds on the tongue. It is also helpful to brush your teeth afterwards or rinse out the mouth with baking soda. One of the main actions of Epsom salt is to dilate (widen) the bile ducts, making it easy for the stones to pass.
Moreover, it clears out waste that may obstruct the release of the stones.
8:00 PM: Drink your second serving (¾ glass) of Epsom salts.
9:30 PM: If you have not had a bowel movement until now and not done a colon cleanse within 24 hours, take a water enema; this will trigger a series of bowel movements.
9:45 PM: Thoroughly wash the grapefruits (or lemons and oranges). Squeeze them by hand and remove pulp. You will need ¾ glass of juice. Pour the juice and ½ glass of olive oil into the pint jar. Close the jar tightly and shake hard, about 20 times or until the solution is watery. Ideally, you should drink this mixture at 10:00 PM, but if you feel you still need to visit the bathroom a few more times,you may delay this step for up to 10 minutes.
10:00 PM: Stand next to your bed (do not sit down) and drink the concoction, if possible, straight. Some people prefer to drink it through a large plastic straw. If necessary, take a little honey between sips, which helps chase down the mixture. Most people, though, have no problem drinking it straight. Do not take more than 5 minutes for this (only elderly or weak people may take longer). LIE DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY! This is essential for helping to release the gallstones! Turn off the lights and lie flat on your back with 1-2 pillows propping you up. Your head should be higher than the abdomen. If this is uncomfortable lie on your right side with your knees pulled towards your head. Lie perfectly still for at least 20 minutes and try not to speak! Put your attention on your liver. You may even feel the stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles.
There wont be any pain because the magnesium in the Epsom salts keeps the bile duct valves wide open and relaxed. You may feel nauseous during the night and/or in the early morning hours. This is mostly due to a strong, sudden out pouring of gallstones and toxins from the liver and gallbladder, pushing the oil mixture back into the stomach. The nausea will pass as the morning progresses.
The Following Morning
6:00-6:30 AM: Upon awakening, but not before 6am, drink your third ¾ glass of Epsom salts (if you feel very thirsty drink a glass of warm water before taking the salts). If you are very sleepy, you may go back to bed, although it is best if the body stays in the upright position.
8:00-8:30 AM: Drink your fourth and last ¾ glass of Epsom salts.
10:00-10:30 AM: You may drink freshly pressed fruit juice at this time. One half-hour later you may eat one or two pieces of fresh fruit. One hour later you may eat regular (but light) food. By the evening or the next morning you should be back to normal, and feel the first signs of improvement. Continue to eat light meals during the following days. Remember, your liver and gallbladder underwent major surgery, albeit without harmful side effects.
The Results You Can Expect
During the morning and, perhaps, afternoon hours after the cleanse you will have a number of watery bowel movements. Only bile from the liver can cause the green color. Gallstones can come in all sizes, colors and shapes. The light colored stones are the newest. Blackish stones are the oldest.
You may also find a layer of white or tan-colored chaff or foam floating in the toilet. The foam consists of millions of tiny white,sharp-edged cholesterol crystals, which can easily rupture small bile ducts. They are equally important to release. To permanently cure bursitis, back pain, allergies or other health problems, and to prevent diseases from arising, you need to remove all the stones. This may require at least six cleanses which can be performed at two to three-week or monthly intervals (do not cleanse more frequently than that ). If you cannot cleanse this often,you may take more time between cleanses. The important thing to remember is that once you have started cleansing the liver, keep cleansing it until no more stones come out. Leaving it half clean for a long period of time (three or more months) can cause greater discomfort than not cleansing it at all.
If a new cleanse no longer produces any stones, which usually happens after 6-8 cleanses (in severe cases it may take more than 10-12), your liver can considered to be in excellent condition. Still, it is recommended to repeat the liver cleanse every six months.
Note: Never cleanse when you are a suffering an acute illness, even if it is just a simple cold. If you suffer from a chronic illness, however, cleansing your liver may be the best thing you can do for yourself.
Important! Please read carefully:
Please take the following instruction very seriously. It is likely that, on their way out, some gallstones will get caught in the colon. They can quickly be removed through colon cleansing. This should ideally be done on the 2nd or 3rd day after the liver flush. If gallstones remain in the colon, they can cause irritation, infection,headaches and abdominal discomfort , thyroid problems, etc. These stones can eventually become a source of toxemia in the body. If you settle for anything less than a colon cleansing, mix one level teaspoon of Epsom salts with one glass of warm water and drink it first thing in the morning on the day of your chosen colon cleanse.
On the importance of colon and kidney cleansing:
Although the liver cleanse on its own can produce truly amazing results, it should ideally be done following a colon and kidney cleanse, in that order. However, if you have never had kidney trouble,kidney stones, bladder infection, etc., you may go ahead with the colon cleanse-> liver cleanse-> colon cleanse sequence . But make certain that you cleanse the kidneys at a later stage. There should definitely be a kidney cleanse some time after the first 2-3 liver cleanses and, again, after your liver has been completely cleaned out. Or else, you may drink a cup of kidney tea for 2-3 days after each liver cleanse.
People whose colon is severely congested, or who have a history of constipation, should consider doing at least 2-3 colon cleanses before their first liver cleanse. And to reemphasize, it is very important that you cleanse your colon within three days after you have completed each liver cleanse. Removing gallstones from the liver and gall bladder may leave some of the stones and other toxic residues in the colon.
Having Difficulties With The Cleanse?
Intolerance to Apple Juice
If you cannot tolerate apple juice (or apples) for some reason, you may substitute the following herbs: Gold Coin Grass and Bupleurum. The herbal tinctures are also available. (GCG), 250 ml or 8.5 oz., although it may take a little longer than with using apple juice. The proper dosage for the tincture is 1 tablespoonful(about 15 ml) once daily on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast. This regimen should be kept for 8-9 days prior to the actual day of the liver flush.
You Suffer from Gallbladder Disease or Dont Have A Gallbladder
If you suffer from gallbladder disease or your gallbladder has already been removed, you may need to take Gold Coin Grass for 2-3 weeks (approximately 1 bottle supply) prior to liver cleansing.
People Who Should Not Use Apple Juice
There are people who may have difficulty drinking apple juice in the large amounts required for the liver cleanse, but are not aware of it. These include people suffering from diabetes, hypoglycemia, yeast infection (Candida), cancer and stomach ulcers. In such cases, apple juice can be replaced with malic acid in capsule or powder form. The preparation period is the same as for taking apple juice, except that the 1 liter of apple juice per day are replaced by 1500,2000 mg of malic acid taken with 2 glasses of warm water. Drink this solution in small amounts throughout the day. Another alternative is to use the same instructions as for those who are intolerant to apple juice. You may try the malic acid during one cleanse and the Gold Coin Grass during another cleanse, and see which one works best for you. Food grade malic acid powder (not mixed with magnesium or other ingredients) should be used.
The Liver Flush Did Not Deliver the Expected Results:
In some cases, albeit very rare, the liver cleanse does not produce the expected results. The following are the main reasons, and their remedies, for such difficulties:
1. It is likely that severe congestion in your liver bile ducts (due to gallstones) has prevented the apple juice from penetrating completely during the first cleansing attempt. The herbs, Chinese Gentian and Bupleurum, help to break up some of the congestion and can, thereby,prepare your liver for a more successful cleanse. These herbs are prepared as a tincture. The proper dosage for this tincture is 1/2 to 1 teaspoonful (about 5 ml) once daily on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before breakfast. This regimen should be followed for three weeks prior to drinking the apple juice (or using the Gold Coin Grass preparation). Any unpleasant cleansing reactions usually disappear after 3-6 days. They can be minimized by following the tissue cleansing method using hot ionized water,by keeping the colon clean.
2. You did not follow the full instructions properly. Leaving out any one item from the procedure, or altering the dosages or timing of the steps laid out, may prevent you from obtaining the full results. In quite a few individuals, for example, the liver flush does not work at all unless the large intestine is cleansed first. The backup of waste and gases prevents the oil mixture from moving easily through the gastro-intestinal tract.
Headache or Nausea During the Days following Liver Cleansing:
In most cases, this occurs when the directions have not been followed carefully (see above section). However, on some rare occasions, gallstones may continue to pass out of the liver after completing the liver flush. The toxins released by these stones can enter the circulatory system and cause discomfort. In such a case, it may be necessary to drink 4 oz of apple juice for seven consecutive days, or for as long as the discomfort lasts, following the liver flush.
Make certain to drink the juice at least ½ hour before breakfast. In addition, a repeat colon cleanse may be necessary to clear out any of the late-coming stones. In addition, the tissue-cleansing method(ionized water), as mentioned above, helps to remove the circulating toxins. If you place a small piece of fresh ginger into the thermos flask, the ionized water will quickly stop the nausea.
Feeling Sick During the Cleanse:
Some people may feel sick during the actual liver flush, even after following all of the directions given in the outlined procedure. Although rare, it sometimes happens that a person may vomit or be nauseated during the night. This is caused by the gallbladder ejecting bile and gallstones with such force that it shoots the oil back into the stomach. When the oil returns to the stomach, you get sick. In such an instance, you may be able to feel the expulsion of stones. It will not be a sharp pain, just a mild contraction. If this happens to you, remember that this is only one night of discomfort.
(Source: The Amazing Liver Cleanse by Andreas Moritz)